Lightning

The evening showers brought a temporary relief for Mumbaikers from the rising temperatures of the last few days. An incredible photo opportunity presented itself as the rains were accompanied by thunder and lightning. I sat outside on my balcony watching the lightning display its beauty. As I had my camera set for long exposures, I was lucky enough to get few nice shots of nature's fury.

Above is one of those lightnings that connected the clouds with the ground.


This entry was posted on 9:18 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Good Shot! Which is your lens?

    Cheers,
    Arun
    http://mymistakes.blog.co.in/

  1. ... on September 23, 2009 at 8:54 AM  
  2. Deepu said...

    Arun,

    Thanks for the comment.

    I use a compact camera, the Nikon P80. It has a 18x zoom Nikkor lens.

  3. ... on September 23, 2009 at 9:35 PM  
  4. Saira said...

    Great capture. I remember the time when Asif was trying to get a lightning shot like this one. I guess that shot is there on his flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_know

  5. ... on October 20, 2009 at 2:27 AM  
  6. Rajeev Raghunath said...

    This is really cool. I love the blue tinge to the picture and also the halo that has formed around the core part of the bolt.

    Did you just do continuous shooting or did you just get lucky? What time was this?

  7. ... on May 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM  
  8. Deepu said...

    Thanks all.

    Rajeev, I set the shutter speed to 4 sec to get ample lighting and prayed to god to send a beautiful lighning .:-) I waited for almost 30 minutes, pressing the shutter over a hundred times to get this well-lit streak of lightning.

  9. ... on May 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM